Hail on Goocle Cloud with Windows OS

It works with cloudtools.

Hi again,

I managed to access the notebook via 8123 based on the init_notebook1 script, I only changed
‘c.NotebookApp.ip = “*”’ instead of 'c.NotebookApp.ip = “127.0.0.1” '. I suppose it’s not a big deal.

I see the Google Storage home directory of my project with all my buckets list. I can create a new Hail notebook by selecting Hail from the in the upper-right corner.

But, when I try to run these two lines, I get:

from hail import *
hc = HailContext()

NameError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
1 from hail import *
----> 2 hc = HailContext()

NameError: name ‘HailContext’ is not defined

I read other pages of the forum but I am not sure how to proceed to solve that ?

The command to create my cluster was :

gcloud dataproc clusters create essai --image-version=1.2 --master-machine-type=n1-highmem-8 --metadata=JAR=gs://hail-common/builds/devel/jars/hail-devel-aa83f2a1d041-Spark-2.2.0.jar,ZIP=gs://hail-common/builds/devel/python/hail-devel-aa83f2a1d041.zip,MINICONDA_VERSION=4.4.10 --master-boot-disk-size=100GB --num-master-local-ssds=0 --project avl-hail-ines --num-preemptible-workers=0 --num-worker-local-ssds=0 --num-workers=2 --preemptible-worker-boot-disk-size=40GB --worker-boot-disk-size=40GB --worker-machine-type=n1-highmem-8 --zone=us-central1-b --properties=spark:spark.driver.memory=41g,spark:spark.driver.maxResultSize=0,spark:spark.task.maxFailures=20,spark:spark.kryoserializer.buffer.max=1g,spark:spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-Xss4M,spark:spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-Xss4M,hdfs:dfs.replication=1 --initialization-actions=gs://dataproc-initialization-actions/conda/bootstrap-conda.sh,gs://ines-python/init_notebook1.py

Thanks for your help.

HailContext is in 0.1, but not 0.2.

Look at the development docs to see examples of usage:
https://hail.is/docs/devel/tutorials-landing.html

Ok I see, Thank you !

Last question, how can I read the vds file that I have written with Hail 0.1 in this new version 0.2 ?